You can choose to set up a free blog or blog on your own domain. The process is practically the same. Many suggest that it is much easier to create and run a free blog. I use a free blog only to build links to my main blog. If you want to have your own online blog with your own domain name, then this article will help you do just that.
The big question you may be asking yourself now is where to start, how can I do this, and is it possible. Rest assured that building a website is much more complicated than creating a blog. Now I have to be honest. There are online systems that allow you to create a website as easily as creating a blog.
What I want to clarify is that we strive to build a blog that you can handle and manage on your own. A blog where you do everything, you control this site. There are no technical things involved, there are plugins that you can use to make your blog SEO friendly, which will help make your blog search engine friendly and help you earn more free traffic from search engines.
How do I start a blog?
I’ll show you how to start your own blog in just five easy steps, a blog with your own domain name and hosted on a server of your choice.
- Buy a domain name – You need to purchase a domain name. This is the name that people will introduce you to, this is the branding process and this is a place on the internet that you will own. You can’t earn a lot of respect online if you don’t have your own domain name.
- Web hosting – You need to host your blog online and you will need to purchase web hosting from a provider. The idea here is to find a reliable web host, one that has existed long enough, who knows the intricacies of managing a successful online web hosting service.
- Build a list – They all say you need to create an online list, but to be honest, you need to understand how to capture emails and apply certain plugins that will add capture pages to your blog. You will also need an automatic response to capture information about your customers.
- Keywords – You will need to learn how to set up a blog with the right keywords. How to start a blog is just the beginning, you will need to make a post on your blog that contains the keywords you are targeting online. This will help drive traffic to your blog.
- Generate traffic– The best blogging tips you can master are: Learn how to drive traffic to your blog. A blog that is not known online is of no use to you. You need to start building links to your blog and letting people know about it. This is the most important part of any online blog.
You do not control free blogs, so it is important to use them only to build feedback.
I hope the above five blogging tips will help you better understand what it really takes to set up a blog and turn it on online.